Welcome to Love of Place. Most of my work celebrates our connection to the natural world.

Most recently, my Knocking on Heaven's Door is the winner in the category of science fiction in the 2016 New Mexico/Arizona Book Awards and in the category of fiction in the 2016 Arizona Authors Association Awards. A number of reviewers have been enthusiastic, including the website Geeks of Doom, which makes me smile. Not many people know me as a geek of doom! But I am happy to embrace the complexity of my personality.

I'm also so pleased that Diary of a Citizen Scientist: Chasing Tiger Beetles and Other New Ways of Engaging the World has been awarded the 2016 John Burroughs Medal for Distinguished Nature Writing, as well as the 2014 WILLA Award for Creative Nonfiction from Women Writing the West.

My historical fantasy Teresa of the New World won the 2015 Arizona Authors Association Award for best Children's Literature and was a finalist for the New Mexico/Arizona Book Award for Children's Literature, the WILLA Award for Children's Literature, and the May Sarton Award for Children's Literature.

These are nice landmarks in a writer's life. I would be writing regardless--but, still, whew. It's good to have some encouragement.

Feel free to contact me at http://www.sharmanaptrussell.com or through my author Facebook page, Sharman Apt Russell.


Sunday, December 21, 2014

I am pleased that The Guardian listed Diary of a Citizen Scientist as a top nature book in 2014.

Click here! And I have also been speaking about citizen science lately on various radio shows, including Inquiring Minds.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This really is such a fantastic resource that youre providing and you give it absent for free.Action Fuel Pro I love seeing web sites that comprehend the worth of offering a top quality resource free of charge. It?s the outdated what goes about comes around routine.
I like the efforts you have put in this, thanks for all the great blog posts.
http://www.strongmenmuscle.com/action-fuel-pro/